Sunday, July 12, 2009

Can you buy 3.5" IDE to USB adaptors and new jumper shunts for the IDE hard drives?

I lost the jumper shunt for my hard drive (E), so now I can't connect it without messing with the other hard drive (C) or CD drive (D). The E drive is now set to Slave as there's no jumper. So my only options now are to somehow get a new shunt, or get a IDE to USB adaptor. Are 3.5" IDE shunts supported among all brands of hard drives, or does each brand require a specific kind?


Also if I get the adaptor, will there be any need for a shunt?





Please answer as soon as possible as the E drive I'm trying to connect is currently not working, and I have almost 160gb worth of files on it that I'm gonna try to recover.

Can you buy 3.5" IDE to USB adaptors and new jumper shunts for the IDE hard drives?
shunts are a dime a dozen - I probably have a billion of them - ebay and you might get some cheap. They are universal. Any of them from anywhere.





go to a tech store and ask for a jumper - they'll probably give you one.





plus there are IDE to USB adapters - ebay has them for $10 or so. - look here - this looks like the one I have -


http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-to-IDE-CD-DV...


you'll need a power supply to run the hard drive





If all you need is a jumper - ask around people have extras - send a SASE and I'll mail a couple!
Reply:yep u can just buy the external case with usb adapter.

florist delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment