Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Installing WinXP on Compact Flash?

I have a SanDisk Extreme IV 4 gig Compact Flash. I think it's IDE compatibale. I used a CD-ROM drive and connected my CF card. The WinXP installer seems to see it fine and installs some of the files just fine. However, at re-boot to start the 2nd phase of the install process it goes back to the original step and wants to install the preliminary files again. I hit OK and tells me an OS is already installed. What's up?? The CF card is big enough to hold the WinXP. The bios is setup to as IDE-0 Master C:.

Installing WinXP on Compact Flash?
CF card connected via USB? You need to set BIOS to boot from USB in that case.





If it is connected via and IDE adapter you will need to get the F6 (windows installation) driver for that IDE adapter and during the first step of installation watch the bottom of the screen for the F6 prompt.


No comments:

Post a Comment