Sunday, July 12, 2009

Why I cant format my 160 gb ide hard disk with the start disk using fat32?

I'm having problems installing this 160 gb hard disk, first when I was creating the partition (from fdisk) it told me the max size was around 15000 mb, then I guessed it is meant to be 150000 but there is just no space for the other digit, but when I go out and write format c: it tell me that format is not compatible with c: is that cuz the disk is too big? do I have to use NTFS?

Why I cant format my 160 gb ide hard disk with the start disk using fat32?
FAT32 will only recognise 138GB of hard-drive


Either format with NTFS or partition the drive into 2 sizes.


I would recomend approx 40GB for your System Disk and the rest for Data
Reply:NTFS is superior it supports larger volumes of data and other features are available on your Operating System, just format NTFS - forget about FAT32 like a 3" floppy disk.


No comments:

Post a Comment