Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Xp logon logsoff, primary drive not found?

Please please help.





--Got Viruses after visiting a stupid dumb trivia website. (Got WebHancer. Mirar.





ezshieldprotector. dyfuca. surfsidekick)


--Tried to delete the folders the virus added to my comp, could'nt. Got Norton, ran





it. Also ran ad-aware, spybot, webaso, registry mechanic(?), Stinger, and Avast!


--Plugged drive into another computer and ran Norton until it says its clean, still





does'nt work.








--Now as soon as logon screen comes up, and I click on it to enter Xp, it says saving





settings, logging off. I can't get into XP at all! Sometimes the desktop will flash on





for a second, then go back to login screen.


--Tried to use F8, F12, F2 keys. Tried Safe mode. Tried to make boot discs from web,





but they just don't activate? Tried to make dos prompt boot disc too.


--Tried 3 differnt Xp cds, plus Nopix, failed.





--Took drive out and copied all my important files to another computer.


--When I go into BIOs and do 'boot from from CD', it gives me the message,





SATA Secondary drive 0 not found.


Primary Drive 1 not found.








--In Bios I can see that it labels both drives correctly. One is SATA (main c:)





another is IDE.








--Please help. Please use baby language. Really. I've asked on another board too, but





seems am out of options, If you'd like a copy of their suggestions I could paste them





here maybe?





Please help





Dell Dimension 4600

Xp logon logsoff, primary drive not found?
You have hard disk problems.If a virus had anything to do with it,it would'nt have changed anything in the bios.My opinion is that the disk is'nt running well enough to load the operating system and will soon quit working at all.

bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment